No Greater Joy

No Greater Joy

Monday, March 9, 2009

The start of a new week.

EMM had a great birthday Saturday. It began when she got to talk to her daddy on the phone. She was on cloud 9 after that. We took the "suicide mission" to Chuck E. Cheese's on a Saturday because it was where she wanted to go. She said her birthday was great except that her daddy wasn't there.

I've been more at ease knowing that the van is going to be repaired. Tomorrow morning we go to the chiro again. The girls seem almost back to their normal selves. Today was the best for me physically so far. I still get burning in my back muscles and periodically experience a coldness/numbing feeling in my hands which is kind of wierd. I don't really know how it all works together, but I'm hoping to be back to normal very quickly.

Last week was very up and down emotionally and physically. Now the hardest thing for me is that every now and then I seem to replay that last moment before the accident in my head. On the day of the accident I happened to look up in my mirror at just the last moment before we were hit to see the vehicle coming at us. I can't seem to get it out of my mind. I feel silly because we are all okay and everything is working out, but it was such a frightening moment for me. I can't help but replay the moment. I know there was nothing I could have done, but I keep going over the what if's knowing my 3 children were in the back of my van. Wow, how bad it could have been and how injured my precious children could have been. I feel ridiculous thinking about it so much and even crying over it. I'm sure it will pass soon. It made for a hard week also without Sean there. I truly can handle his absence for weeks at a time. We've gone up to 3 months apart in the past. However, I've never had anything major happen during the time he was gone so this made it harder. I hope to have a normal week and do our usual school days this week. We got a bit off track last week.

I'm thankful that through it all I have such wonderful friends and family who have given me words of encouragement and tried to assist me where they could. It has been such a blessing. I hope not to have anything too exciting to report this week! Maybe things will lay low other than the extra chiro appts. for the next few weeks.

No comments: