No Greater Joy

No Greater Joy

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

My Not So Good Day Today

So many of you know I was in an accident today. I was going to the chiro and as I was stopped waiting to make a left turn into the parking area the car coming behind me suddenly decided to switch lanes and go around me. That left the poor lady behind them not realizing I was stopped right there. So going at normal speed on Locust St. (near the corner of Eastern Ave.) she ran right into the back of me with her Dodge Durango. Of course I had all 3 girls with me. I remember the sound of the crash with the rear window shattering and the girls screaming. My van moved quite a bit ahead and thankfully I could think clearly enough to call 911. EMM and HEM were distressed with EMM crying. GEM was too shocked to do anything, I think. The firestation was only across the street from where I was. It helped the girls when one of the 2 chiropractors came to us and one of the receptionists as well. That helped put them at ease a little. We were able to go get adjusted after dealing with all the formalities of having an accident. The lady that hit me was pretty shooken, but she wasn't hurt. All the glass from my back windshield pretty much covered her front hood.

I am thankful we weren't hurt more seriously. We go back for x-rays on Thursday and can go back tomorrow if we need to. I'm thankful also that the lady had insurance. We were provided with a minivan from Enterprise in the meantime. Ironically it's a Dodge! Also, I am so thankful that Sean was able to chat with me on-line today for a few minutes when I could fill him in. I would say it was a coincidental thing, but we know it's not really coincidence! :)

Here's some pictures I took of my van today before it was towed from my chiro's office.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

5 comments:

Laurel said...

Stacy, I'm so sorry that you got rear-ended like that. God's wisdom and grace are evident, even in our trials, aren't they? If you must be rear-ended, I can think of no better place for it to happen than near your chiropractor! I'm thankful you were all able to get adjustments quickly; I'm sure that will help your recovery.

You have been in my thoughts with Sean being gone... I'll be praying for you even more now!!
((Hugs... gentle ones))

The Tierneys said...

Stacy! I am so glad that you and the girls are OK. It seems like things always go awry when husbands are gone... I'm praying for you that you will all feel better quickly and that all the accident aftermath will get settled easily.

Andrea said...

Sorry you had such a scary experience without Sean at home, Stacy! I'm glad you're all o.k.! Btw, I like your southern word, "shooken". It goes well with "fixin' to".:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Stacy, I'm so sorry about the accident. I'm glad no one was hurt.

.... just one thing... you might want to take the photos of your license plates off your website, (or at least blurr the numbers) for safety and security reasons, especially since your husband is in the military.

Stacy said...

Thanks for the advice. I didn't even think about the license plate. I cleared it out so it's unable to be seen! Thanks for watching after me. :)