No Greater Joy

No Greater Joy

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Snow Day!

Two days ago I was talking to a friend on the phone and mentioning the upcoming snow storm we were expecting. We were talking about snow days and I told her my kids don't know what a snow day is. HEM heard me and said, "We know what snow days are, we just don't get them." Of course we got our snow storm yesterday through today. Schools are canceled and all activities are canceled so I told my kids to do one school subject and they could enjoy a snow day!! They were thrilled! We went outside and enjoyed building a snowman, making snow angels, and eating snow! Watching my kids enjoy themselves so much makes me feel like the luckiest mom in the world. They enjoy every minute of life. Sometimes I forget the simple things and make life harder than it needs to be, so I'm thankful for snow days (even though I don't really like the snow)!

In the background "O Holy Night" is playing and I hear the heat has kicked on in the house. GEM is down for a nap while the other two play in the basement. Sometimes I wish these days could last so much longer. Christmas is just around the corner! Snow days make a good time to slow down and reflect on many things. Just as the song is saying right now, "Christ is the Lord, O praise His name forever!" It is exactly what I look forward to doing the rest of my days and beyond. This may be my grandmother's last Christmas with us on earth. The reality of that becomes more recognizable to me every time I talk to her on the phone. Soon she will be celebrating her Savior and praising His name forever in His presence. For now I will do my best to appreciate my snow days and celebrations here from my home. :) I feel very blessed.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Great B & W pic of your girls!!