No Greater Joy

No Greater Joy

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve 2009

It has been a very rainy day here in Iowa. We're just waiting for the rain to change over to snow. It looks like we'll have a white Christmas after all! I do believe this will be my first white Christmas! Usually we get snow before or after Christmas day, but not on Christmas day! I'm glad we have nowhere to go except our living room for a morning of festivities!

I thought I'd post pictures of the baking I've accomplished over the past 2 days and a few pictures from tonight as we open one present each as part of our Christmas tradition. I accomplished the making of buckeyes, Oreo balls (my favorite!), snickerdoodles, peanut butter blossoms, and the girls even made sugar cookies. I delivered plates of goodies to our neighbors in the rain this afternoon. That's my favorite part of making...sharing!! I also have a couple of pictures of the girls' Christmas presents they've made for their Canadian cousins. We're late with them, of course and there is still one more to be made. I helped with painting the letters on. The girls also made their daddy the Green Bay fleece tie blanket and I was thrilled that my hubby got me the "Close to Me" Willow Tree that I was wanting for my collection. :)

I'm certain to have another blog in the next day or so reflecting Christmas Day! Tonight I read with the girls another excerpt from David Jeremiah's book, Why the Nativity. We haven't gotten as far as I'd like in the book with all the craziness of our December nights, but tonight's was very appropriate as we read about the "lowly shepherds" visiting the royal baby Jesus. How ironic that among His first visitors would be those regarded as being of a lowly position, exactly who He most interacted with in His ministry.

Merry Christmas to all of you friends! May you celebrate the true reason for the season tomorrow.










No comments: