No Greater Joy

No Greater Joy

Friday, December 30, 2011

While You Are Sleeping

While you are sleeping I often reminisce of days gone by.
My memories hold you in high esteem.
The world will not stop for me to to prolong any time
I continue on my path that is now without you.

My journey is not yet complete
I will continue to leave my mark just as you left yours
So that when my time comes to rest
Someone will remember me as fondly as I remember you.

When my time comes to sleep as you do
I look forward to waking up and seeing you, sweet lady, and so many more.
Until such time I will work hard to make you proud
Of what I continue to accomplish were you not sleeping now.



"Now I say this, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. Behold, I tell you a mystery; we will not all sleep, but we will all be changed..."
1 Corinthians 15:50-51

No comments: