No Greater Joy

No Greater Joy

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Catch Up Blog

What's been happening with me in the last few weeks? Well, I was blessed to celebrate another birthday on January 26th with my family. It was another 29th birthday! HAHA! I also have purchased a plane ticket to fly to Georgia and visit my grandmother as well as the rest of my family in March. I'll be going alone on this journey and look forward to my time in warm weather! This week we will celebrate GEM's 3rd birthday and on Valentine's Day I will celebrate my 12th wedding anniversary. Seems like a lot in such a short period! It reminds me how blessed I am with each event. Three weeks after GEM's birthday will be EMM's 8th birthday. I just can't get over how quickly my children's lives are going by. I have set a new goal to savor more moments with them, even when the moments aren't pleasant (take potty training for example). I do not want to look back and long for the tantrums and sleepless nights just to have another moment with my children. I want to feel I took advantage of all the moments of my children's lives and was a great mommy. I told my husband the other day that I'm getting a new outlook and that is to not sweat the small stuff. I want to stop letting the worries in life get me down because it's taking away from my happiness and my joy with my family. I challenge everyone to do this. I'm sure I'll fail at times, but with the goal in mind it will help me to strive for the rewards.

No comments: