No Greater Joy

No Greater Joy

Friday, September 18, 2009

Safely back home!

Well we finally made it back to our reality this week. We're catching up on sleep and I'm slowly managing to return items to their proper places. Actually the girls are going to Grandma's tonight so I can have more time to clean my house! YAY!

My grandmother is still doing well though I can see the fatigue from a long journey starting to set in as I watched her try to do even the most routine tasks. She said she appreciated the visit and it meant a lot to her. The girls really seemed to enjoy their time with her and the rest of my family as well. I think the hardest part of the entire 6 weeks was the day I had to leave and say good-bye . I wonder if I will ever get to tell her good-bye again. She appreciated everyone's thoughts and prayers and said she hoped to meet them one day even if not here on earth. The most precious things included HEM listening to her "history lessons" about what life was like for her as a child, watching EMM play Go Fish with her, and that GEM wouldn't leave her house without giving her a kiss good-bye.

We are getting back into our schoolwork and looking forward to catching up with friends. We all enjoyed our visit to the chiro yesterday (Thanks Dr. J!). The girls were SO funny talking about how different they felt after that. :)

Keep praying for my grandmother as she comes to your mind. She's a special lady. Pray for my mom who is her caregiver, too. It is very tiring for her and she works 2jobs!

Thanks to those of you that kept in touch with me while I was gone! You'll never know how much that meant to be thought of while away. I'm emotionally drained from the last couple of months and trying to regain perspective again. I'm also preparing to speak at our women's retreat next month so I have a lot of work ahead for that as well.

No comments: