No Greater Joy

No Greater Joy

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Praise the Lord!

Hard to believe my time in Albany is drawing to an end. Just one more week yet it is filled with plans. We got a great report from my grandmother's doctor this week. Her stomach cancer has shrunk thanks to the chemo treatments and the spots on her liver have faded. She came home shouting "praise the Lord, praise the Lord, praise the Lord!!" Tomorrow we have lunch with the family, my mom, my brother, Joey, and his family, and my aunt and uncle. We're also planning to get to Panama City Beach as well as the Georgia Aquarium among other things. Lots to do. It has been a rewarding time with my grandmother, but I'm ready to be back to my reality in Iowa in my own home with my husband. I don't know that I've missed much in Iowa, but I'm looking forward to getting back. I've definitely faced some trials while here in relation to being here in general away from home and also spiritually. There are things I don't understand and I just have to give it to God and try not to let it get to me. I only had one real breaking point a few weeks ago. :) I've appreciated those few friends that have reached out to me and reminded me that they've been thinking of me while I'm gone. I do realize a need to analyze some aspects of my life when I return to Iowa though. A need to step back and withdraw in some ways I think. Not sure how people will view it, but I feel it's needed for my own sake at this point and that of my family.

I have lots of pictures to finish scanning in my computer this week. Hopefully I'll get that done! I realize just how bad the 80's were to me!! Ugh. It just makes me laugh though!

My mom and I enjoyed an orange push-up tonight and now it's time to head to bed. I hope to blog once more before I leave. It's been strange not being able to access the Internet when I want. Hard to believe what a big part of my life that is!

No comments: