No Greater Joy

No Greater Joy

Monday, April 27, 2009

Colossians 3: 23 - 24

Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance. It is the Lord Christ whom you serve.

VBS is underway. I am going a totally different direction with it than I anticipated due to unforseen circumstances, but God is good and His hand is in it all. We are doing another Answers in Genesis program, Operation Space. Today it was reaffirmed for my by God as I took the 2 older girls on a field trip to the planetarium and the presenter talked about the meteorite that was 25,000 years old and that no one could have made it, it needed time to form. Also listening to the presentation about the age of stars and such...well, it was clear that these poor children in that room were being fed lies mixed with the truth. It gave me a great teaching time with the girls on our way home about who really did create it all and how we know God really exists. We talked about "age" and how God made some things look older from the beginning. Adam wasn't created a baby, animals were created as adults along with plants and such. The world certainly looks for its own explanation in ways to raise man's intelligence, I guess. As I worked on my Bible study tonight the topic of humility was covered and I suppose that it's one of man's biggest weaknesses. Man doesn't know how to put itself under God, it's our sin nature. We must practice putting God at the top by prayer and staying in the Word (and having good Christian friends holding us accountable helps, too).

No comments: