No Greater Joy

No Greater Joy

Saturday, October 15, 2016

First Week Accomplishments

Just checking in on this fitness journey. Today I finished the first week of this 10 week fitness challenge. I've had several people ask me what I'm doing. Here's a link to check it out: http://dubuquemcdonald.extremebodyshaping.com/

Out of the six days I enjoyed the three days of kickboxing most. After a hard day of work Friday, I was ready to punch the stuffing out of the bag. The other three days were doing exercises with resistance bands and even a medicine ball. I don't know where the term "medicine ball" came from, but after using it this morning I felt like I might need some medicine to help my body! The bands are interesting. I mostly used the lowest resistance, yellow bands. A couple of exercises were easier for me so I used green bands, and one I was able to use red! The first night I used the bands I wasn't sure whether the noises were coming from my body or the bands. Apparently my joints weren't too sure about the extra work I was asking from them. The first night with the bands I kept imagining what would happen if one of those bands snapped when I was pulling it. Thankfully I managed to get out unharmed.

Eating hasn't been terrible. I've been eating more meals a day, smaller meals, and watching my carbs and protein. I haven't had sweet tea or Coke all week. I've been trying to embrace the water bottle as my new best buddy. However, Sunday is my free day so I'm prepared to get a gallon of sweet tea going by lunch! Supper time is the hardest, but I've decided I don't want this to be a fad diet of some kind so for now I will still eat what I prepare for our family, but in smaller portions and making easier substitutions where I can. School is the easiest part because what I take to school is all I have to eat.

Monday begins week 2! I know I'll miss two days of workout sessions due to parent-teacher conferences, but I'm feeling good and only hurt in a few places after my first week. I look forward to what next week brings! I am so thankful for my friends, family, and co-workers that have been encouraging me. That's what will get me through it!