No Greater Joy

No Greater Joy

Friday, July 6, 2012

My Desire

I feel like wind blown branches of a tall Southern pine.
Lord, strengthen me in every way.
May my character reflect the that of my Savior.
I will not stray from the Words you have given,
Inspired by You and given to men,
Men YOU chose.
Choose me to be just as trustworthy.
I will fail,
But will always get back up
repentant and recommitted.
Society will not define my faith
nor false teachers leading their own paths.
My voice will not fade as I defend the Word
knowing that it is powerful, life saving, and never changing.
Here I am,
willing to do what you've called me to do
who you've called me to be.
It is sacrifice.
If it isn't, then it's not living fully for You.
Use me to bless others,
to share Your gospel,
and please keep me strong and unmovable
with an legacy to leave behind
so I may be like the strong trunk of a live oak.


No comments: